|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
Casual raiding is a term used to describe a guild, guild alliance, or raiding organization that places focus on exploring raid content without a driving focus on raid progression. This term is contrasted by hardcore raiding, which is for more serious raiders who just want to get through dungeons quickly rather than do a section at a time.
- Casual raiding a is relatively new term to the MMORPG game genre.
Pros of casual raidingEdit
- Offers access to raid content without serious time commitments.
- Raid interaction tends to be more friendly and open to newer players.
- Often times fewer loot restrictions than hardcore raiding.
Cons of casual raidingEdit
- It is much more slower raid progression-wise than hardcore raiding.
- Class balance tends to be less stable since there are fewer restrictions.
- Loot distribution is far more random than in hardcore raiding and is less rewarding to more dedicated players.