|This article or section is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
By default, it is accessible via a Combat Log tab on the General chat window.
Combat Logs may be written to a file using the
/combatlog command. The resulting file may be found at Logs\WoWCombatLog.txt. The complexity of the combat logs content since the patch 2.4 changes means that logs are best used when analyzed by one of the available parsers which analyze combat logs to generate raid statistics.
The first such parser of wide popularity was Wow Web Stats. Other emergent parsers include Dejawow, WowMeterOnline and World of Logs, all of which demonstrate compatibility with logs from patch 2.4 and beyond.
Details of the changes made to the combat log in patch 2.4 can be found in the documentation for COMBAT_LOG_EVENT.
Patch changes Edit
Patch 2.4 (2008-03-25):
- Combat Log Improvements
- New tabs are available for sorting combat messages.
- ctrl-right clicking functionality has been added for individual information sorting
- Colors may now be assigned for friends and enemies
- The WoWCombatLog.txt file format has been changed to make it easier for programs to read.
- The ability to chat-link player spells and talents.
- Post 2.4 Capable Parsers