|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
A mace is a one-handed or two-handed blunt weapon, usually in the form of a large heavy metal piece (with a varying set of short edges, points, or protrusions) on a short rod. Some maces have the heavy piece on a swinging chain (commonly called a flail) or more fiercesome points and edges, but rarely a long enough pole to qualify as a polearm.
The list of trainers can be found here: Weapons trainers.
One-handed maces are often used by combat rogues because of their high delay and high damage range, and priests, shamans, and druids because many exist that give procs or attribute bonuses beneficial to casters. They can also be used by death knights.
Two-handed maces can be used by death knights, druids, paladins, shamans, and warriors. According to Warcraft lore, the two-handed warhammer was the favored weapon of the Knights of the Silver Hand, led by Uther the Lightbringer. Following the death of Uther at the hands of Arthas and the devastation of the Order, the weapon fell out of favor as that exclusively used by paladins.
- Significant maces
- , the reward for completing the paladin quest The Test of Righteousness.
- , available at Exalted reputation with respective Alterac Valley factions.
- , an epic two-hand mace that dropped from Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas.
- , another epic two-hand mace that drops from High King Maulgar in Gruul's Lair in Blade's Edge Mountains.
- The Doomhammer, legendary weapon of the orc Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer.