A recipe lists a set of required ingredients that can make or produce an item depending on a required profession or class and a required level. This can be in the form of an item (like a note, parchment or scroll) or given by a trainer. When in the form of an item, they are sometimes found (in limited supply) on vendors throughout the world,or as drops from mobs. In the game manuals, they are sometimes called blueprints.
- Tailoring and Leatherworking recipes are called Patterns.
- Engineering recipes are called Schematics.
- Enchanting recipes are called Formulas.
- Alchemy and Cooking recipes are called Recipes.
- Blacksmithing recipes are called Plans.
- Jewelcrafting recipes are called Designs.
- Most First Aid recipes are called Manuals, although one is a Formula.
Recipe names are, to an extent, interchangeable. For example, it is not uncommon to see people referring to ANY recipe, be it jewelcrafting, alchemy, etc, as a "pattern", "plans", or "design".