To resurrect is to bring a dead character back to life.
Any player may resurrect themselves by running back to their corpse as a ghost from a graveyard. Spirit Healers, who are always available at a graveyard, can resurrect a player with a penalty of increased durability loss and resurrection sickness.
Classes capable of resurrecting Edit
Several classes also have spells that can resurrect themselves or other player characters. Classes who can resurrect are highly sought after in groups. This is especially true for instances where mobs may respawn if too much time is wasted.
- Druid: Rebirth. The Druid has the only in combat resurrection spell, but this spell is not capable of resurrecting an entire party due to the long cooldown time on this spell.
- Druid: Revive. Added patch 3.0.2
- Paladin: Redemption
- Priest: Resurrection
- Shaman: Ancestral Spirit
- Any Class with Engineering: , and . These may fail though.
Classes capable of resurrecting after death Edit
- Warlock: Create Soulstone. The warlock can indirectly resurrect a unit after death.
- Shaman : Reincarnation. The shaman is the only class capable of solo wipe recovery, but this skill has a cooldown of 60 minutes, reducible to 40 by talents.
- Any class with .
Resurrection timer Edit
After dying there is a time in which you can not return to your body, which is known as the "Resurrection Timer". This timer increases with each death to a maximum of 2 minutes.