Swords come in one-handed and two-handed edged weapon varieties, usually in the form of a long, narrow blade with a short handle or hilt. Some swords have one primary edge, some have broader blades, and even others have longer hilts, but all generally rely on the ability to slash an opponent with only occasional piercing attacks.
One-handed weapons generate less damage per second and fewer bonuses than their two-handed counterparts of the same level.
The list of trainers can be found here: Weapons Trainers.
- Significant swords
- , the weapon of Anduin Lothar (speculated)
- , the weapon of Thunderaan
- , the Blade of the Scarlet Highlord
- , legendary weapon set, consisting of two swords, wielded by Illidan Stormrage
- , Arthas forfeited his soul to the Lich King and became a Death Knight by taking this sword.
- Other respectable swords (also easier to obtain)
- , the two-handed sword of Morgan Ladimore
- , the two-handed sword dropped off of Rajaxx in Ahn'Qiraj